Magebane
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magebane Faction PWI Forum

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Programming Languages

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Programming Languages Empty
PostSubject: Programming Languages   Programming Languages EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 2:40 pm

So I'm going to teach myself Java, C#, Python and maybe C++. Never finished getting my degree in computer science in college. Since I need to learn 2-3 programming languages for the degree requirements may as well get a jump on it. By the way if someone needs a free text editor here is a site that lists 12 free ones.

http://sixrevisions.com/tools/12-excellent-free-text-editors-for-coders/
Back to top Go down
Zimokitten

Zimokitten

PostSubject: Re: Programming Languages   Programming Languages EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 5:30 pm

Thats awsome i took those courses when i was in high school and in college when i took my computer programming Very Happy. If you need help with it i might be able to help i still have my old notes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Programming Languages   Programming Languages EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:12 pm

Kewl! Thank you Aqua. Python and the Ruby languages seem interesting. I'm going to start with Java first. Got like 2 books on it as well as one for Java scripting. Also got books for C# and C++. C++ looks scary. I got that book from my friend when he was attending ASU for computer science. This should be fun.
Back to top Go down
Wyssewoman

Wyssewoman

PostSubject: Re: Programming Languages   Programming Languages EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 4:28 am

Good luck, it is always interesting to learn something new. It keeps your mind young even if the rest of you starts falling apart Razz 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Programming Languages   Programming Languages EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 5:34 pm

So I downloaded the recent version of JDK (Java developement kit) with a Netbeans IDE included. Netbeans seems a bit overwhelming. Was just planning to use notepad or some other text pad to do the coding but the Netbeans had a text editor and the compiler built in. It has plugins that can do things like let you develop games for Android phones. Pretty nifty. The book I'll be using is titled "Java Demystified" by Jim Keogh. Should be fun. Smile
Back to top Go down
Wyssewoman

Wyssewoman

PostSubject: Re: Programming Languages   Programming Languages EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 2:01 pm

Way to go Anomen.cheers 

I am trying to learn how to do a Dutch Spiral stitch for my beadweaving. So far the results are nice but not what I expected. Something somewhere is off a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Programming Languages   Programming Languages Empty

Back to top Go down

Programming Languages
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Magebane :: General Discussion :: Everything Non-PWI Related-
Jump to: